POSITION TITLE: Project Site Superintendent/High-end Construction
REPORTING TO: Partner
LOCATION: Central Coast. Initial 16-month project is a winery in the Buellton area. Subsequent projects will vary in location from Santa Ynez to Paso Robles.
OUR CLIENT: Rogers & Pedersen Construction
Rogers & Pedersen Construction has been fortunate to work with many leading wineries on the Central Coast. We operate from Santa Ynez to Paso Robles, delivering exceptional projects in both the commercial winery, hospitality, and unique custom residential sectors. We are typically involved with projects from pre-design and entitlements phases through construction. As general contractors, we approach each project with an open mind and great enthusiasm. We seek complex projects that require creativity, extensive coordination, and finite detail. We strive to know and understand our clients in such a way that our technical guidance reflects our understanding of their desires. We work closely with architects and design consultants to perfect their intentions first on paper, then in the field. We prefer to engage early in a project, even years before breaking ground, to immerse ourselves in the vision, and assure continuity from concept to completion.
We seek a Project Site Superintendent to direct and oversee projects through all phases of work in the field.
This is a salaried, full time position with benefits.
The position is posted here:
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Direct and oversee projects through all phases of work in the field. Depending on project size, this may be full-time dedication to one project, or may be managing multiple small projects through varying phases.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creating the project sequence of activities, communicating to trades, and scheduling of work accordingly.
- Review all contract documents to make sure work is delivered correctly, while also confirming that the direction depicted in the documents is the best way to execute.
- Preparation of coordinated field drawings and information for trades to follow and efficiently execute work correctly.
- Maintain daily logs of construction activities and maintain safety and various compliance requirements and necessities.
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships throughout the entire project.
- Point of contact for field instruction and problem solving.
- Create, maintain, and communicate a reliable project schedule to the team using MS Project.
- Creation of supplemental design drawings and details to perfect the execution of installations.
- Review of submittals and shop drawings to confirm items work correctly upon delivery.
- Maintain positive relationships with everyone involved.
- Execute work in a manner that runs smoothly, makes you and the client excited about the exceptional details and functionality – which ultimately provides for future work referrals.
- Self-motivated and thrives on quality progress.
- Responsible for safety and security of the project site, and all visitors, including owners, architects, design consultants and inspectors.
- Coordinate necessary county and special inspections.
- Set up and maintain the job site office and equipment.
- Quality control and work conformance verification.
- Manage, support and mentor subordinate project team members.
- Track and capture all changes in as-builts.
- Manage performance of subcontractor extra work effectively.
- Manage and complete punchlist and project closeout.
The company realizes that every interested candidate might not have all of the desired experience, and some training will be provided, but here is what they are looking for in terms of experience and skills… the more you have, the better!
- Ten years of relevant experience from a general building contractor perspective
- Desired project experience in boutique wine production facilities or high-end residential
- Strong ability to manage and layout all subcontractors’ work
- Excellent hands-on construction skills with complex projects
- Knowledge of construction related technologies, quality assurance and quality control
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Bluebeam Revu, and MS Project, and ability to pick up use of CMiC project management software
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, schedules, and cost reports.
- Maintain a general perspective of working with the contract documents, but constantly considering options to elevate and execute greater the intent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and working with a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional at all times
- Even temperament and rational
- Attention to detail
- Process oriented and methodical
- Physical ability required for frequent lifting or handling of materials; ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds and walk a project site
All construction related education is a plus.
Competitive salary, health insurance, paid time off and holidays, 401k / profit-sharing plan
We are looking for candidates that are local to the area, but will also consider relocation assistance for anyone looking to move and enjoy the Central Coast lifestyle.
Please email your resume and cover letter with “R&P-Superintendent” in the subject line.
Qualified resumes with cover letter will receive notification of receipt.
Please do not send your resume to Rogers & Pedersen directly.
Lisa K. Locke
Locke and KEY Recruiting, Hiring and Consulting Services
We are the source of your hire power.
Mail: P.O. Box 2873, Alameda, CA 94501
Email to send resume/cover letter: email@example.com
Flexible recruiting solutions for your KEY hiring needs
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/lisalocke; if you would like to connect, please invite me.
Keep our number for the next time you need candidates. We help companies hire people.